Case Study - Tata Supply Chain Integration Project
- Tata Global Beverages is an integrated beverage business that has set out on a journey to become the global leader in branded ‘good for you’ beverages. Tata’ primary brand in Australian retail is Tetley Tea. Tata services key retail (Coles, Woolworths) and commercial customers in Australia.
- Tata acquired a leading coffee retailer MAP Coffee, which initiated the business integration assignment.
- Supply chain integration of MAP Coffee into the Tata beverages business model after the national take-over.
- Network design of the combined businesses.
- Develop the future supply chain strategy and vision.
- Calculate the cost to serve for each business with very different business models and data.
- Establish an optimised network model of the integrated business.
- Vendor management and procurement of 3PL services to realise cost and synergy benefits.
- Create a successful network integration of the acquired business.
- Successful physical integration of two separate supply chain models.
- Implementation of an optimised decentralised network
- Annual integration and network supply chain cost reduction of 18%
- Client feedback of SCC services rates as “Best consultants we ever worked with.”